In an earlier post, I talked about the perks of signing up for a Fashion Acceleration Program like I said it is not an alternative to fashion school. It is a program primarily focus on business and not design.
In light of this 360 Creative Hub would be hosting a specialized training aimed at Accelerating emerging fashion designers to becoming the next Valuable Brand and transform their fashion label into a sustainable business.
The program will welcome 30 fashion entrepreneurs that have existing businesses operating in Lagos, Nigeria. Fashion Acceleration Program is open to any entrepreneur within the fashion value chain; Fashion designers, Fashion Bloggers, Fashion illustrators, Fashion Retailers, Pattern makers, Jewelers, Shoe makers, Bag Makers, and every fashion-related field.
TRAINING COURSE OUTLINE
What will be taught in the program?
The Accelerator program is developed with your best business interest in mind and equip you with all knowledge needed to strengthen your business case.
The program will cover the following course material:
- Business Model Design and Business Strategy
- Customer Development
- Competition & Positioning
- Financial Literacy & Planning
- Funding Strategies
- Operations Management
- Distribution Strategies
- Digital and e-commerce Strategies
- The use of Social media to grow the Fashion Business.
- Hands on Practical Sessions.
How it works
• Each Participant would be subjected to training for 12 hours per week (that is, 8 hours on Monday, 4 hours on Tuesday, including practical sessions)
• The 360 FAP Board will invite notable Fashion celebrities during weekends of the program to have a mentoring session with the designers,
• The designers would be given weekly assignments which would prepare them for a grand finale competition
• The graduation day will feature a competition where all the designers will showcase their designs that will be judged by Industry experts.
The program has been specifically designed with a strong academic foundation in collaboration with Alan & Grant Business Solutions in order to deliver a comprehensive and instructional program that will equip the students with a global mindset.
Industry Practical Know-How
The program has partnered with some international and the country’s top minds and companies as workshop instructors & guest lecturers, merging practicality and industry insights with academic backing.
Phase 1: Call to entry and opening applications
The program has a two-step application process. The first step is the online application which will evaluate the participants on basic business & financial understanding, as well as on the solidity of their business structure.
The 2nd step is a day-long boot camp, where the applicants will convey at 360 Creative Innovation Hub and embark on a day-long activity, designed to test them on key business skills such as financial literacy, sales negotiation, marketing and human interpersonal skills.
Phase 2: The Accelerator
During this period the accelerator will take place every week on Mondays (full day) and Tuesdays (half day).
Phase 3: Graduation + Announcement of 2018 Edition Winner
At the end of the program, the participants will be required to present a business case in front of the judges and review committee. All participants will graduate officially from the Fashion Acceleration Program; one participant will be nominated as the winner.
During the graduation event, our panel of judges will select the fashion entrepreneur who has demonstrated most business acumen and capabilities to become the first Fashion Acceleration Program Winner.
Click the link below to register.