So you love sewing? Do you love working around designs and even wish you can create such beautiful clothes? And you want to become a PRO. What you need is more than some basic ‘idea’ of Fashion Design; you need a proper training.
First let me share some reasons why you should attend a fashion design school;
- You will learn about the most up-to-date styles that many people would consider buying.
- If you are unsure whether you will be able to make a living out of your interest in fashion, your level of confidence will greatly increase once you obtain good training.
- Studying about and later working on, a field that you love is very rewarding.
- You will learn about the various principles behind the patterns you have worked on in the past, as well as the ones you will be working on in the future.
- You will also be knowledgeable on mixing and matching colors to magnify the shape and cut of your creations.
- You will know more about making great designs – other than just tailoring!
- Fashion design school will expose you to different kinds of people working with them, incorporating their ideas with your own, and developing relationships with those who share the same feeling toward fashion.
- These relationships will set the foundation for meeting potential employees, employers, or business partners all whom you will need when you start your foray into the fashion world.
Now you might want to ask; How do I find a good Fashion School to enrol at?
Here are 10 tips;
Tip#1 Determine what you would like to major in. From there, search for a school that has visible strenght in that area.
Tip#2 Have a list of criteria that you would like to take a look into in your search for the perfect fashion design school. These criteria may include course content, major and minor subjects, costs, location, notable alumni, and many more.
Tip#3 You may now construct a list of candidate fashion design schools.
Tip#4 Gather all necessary resources and information about each of your candidate school. Find their websites and research.
Tip#5 Narrow down your list further by using the criteria you have set in Tip#2.
Tip#6 Inspect the schools left on your list. It would be good if you can visit these schools personally. But if not, try to obtain a video or look for a virtual tour in their websites.
Tip#7 File your application to the schools that met your criteria.
Tip#8 Take a critical look at the feedbacks you get from the prospective schools and compare based on your budget and goals. Make Notes
Tip#9 Carefully review your notes, pick a final 3 for consideration, ask the opinion of other Fashion professionals around you and now you can finally decide.
There you go! You have been empowered to make the best decision. Go make use of it.
What do you think about this guide?