Do you have a dream of being a highly paid freelancer? Or what you seek is an exceptional career with a top Fashion Brand? Whether you seek a Full-time job or a contract, you need your skills and abilities projected in the best ways possible if you would stand a chance.
This is achieved through a Portfolio! In creative industries all over the world, your Portfolio is the professional document that portrays what you can do and how well you can do it to potential Clients and Employers. Choosing what to include or exclude and how to organize these pieces of information requires great skill.
Through our Portfolio Development for Fashion Course, you will learn to tailor your portfolio to meet the specific needs of your prospective clients/employers.
About The Course
The intent of this course is to give you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills and fit it in a visual format. This training focuses on enhancing your ability to customize a portfolio of your most valuable experiences and achievements as a fashion designer in a convincing manner.
The workshop will run for a week from 20th to 24th November 2017. The training will be facilitated by 360 Creative Hub partner Omonigho Aito-Imonah, the creative director of Naijafashionista Illustrations.
Omonigho Aito-Imonah is a seasoned fashion illustrator and designer with over 10 years working experience in the Nigerian fashion industry. She has worked alongside some iconic figures in the Nigeria’s fashion industry such as Lisa Folawiyo of “Jewel By Lisa” and Nancy Nwadire Of “Iconic Invanity” to mention a few.
She has also had her work displayed in some of Nigeria’s biggest fashion and lifestyle magazines such as Genevieve magazine, Today’s Woman and Vanguard Allure. She has been featured in online style blogs and magazines such as FAB online and Style Vitae.
And she provides illustrative and consultancy services to individuals and corporate bodies alike, and constantly holds training’s (online and real-time) in fashion illustration using teaching methods unique to her that have been proven to be highly effective over time.
Why Should You Choose this Course?
- To attract a higher quality of Clients and win big contracts
- To properly brand yourself for a better job.
- To develop skills in communicating with images.
- To learn how to make your work accessible to people anywhere in the world.
- To learn how to demonstrate your industry skills and earn deserved respect.
- To learn how to use communication tools to positively influence people.
- To improve your Skills in creative writing
- To understand the Fundamentals of Portfolio Building
Practical Skills to earn from this Training
- Developing a standard fashion collection
- Gain an understanding of the process of developing a collection
- Develop advanced figure drawing techniques
- Develop advanced textile and garment rendering techniques
- Develop an understanding of garment details, silhouettes and garment construction
- Gain an understanding of presentation techniques as they apply to a fashion portfolio
- Develop projects that will culminate in a completed fashion portfolio
- Outline your existing business model
- Clothing a croqui using mixed media
Each participant will leave the workshop with a body of work/portfolio of a capsule collection of their own designs.
After this course, you will be skilled enough decide on a theme for a collection, Present design ideas to the creative director or showcase them in an exhibition.
Free mentorship support will be given to all participants in all their personal or business related projects within the first 60 days of completing the course.
Who Should Enroll?
- Fashion Designers
- Anyone looking to get highly paid in-demand skills
- Professionals in the Fashion and Creative industry at large
What are the requirements?
- No prior academic qualifications necessary
- Basic computer literacy
- You possess a skilled profession
- Ideas Generation
- Developing a Personal Style
- Effective Communication of Ideas
- Colours, Patterns and Shape
- Fabrics and Drapery
- Exploration of Ideas
- Developing a Collection
- “Polishing” your Portfolio
- The 5 Steps in Developing a Standard Fashion Collection
- Clothing Types and Detailing
- Mixed Media: Clothing a Croqui
Registration for the Workshop is FREE
TRAINING FEE: N40, 000
You also get a Course Pack at the training venue which comprises of the following;
- Croqui books
- Sketch Pads
- Marker and colouring stationaries
- A folder container for your portfolio design
- Tracing papers
Payments can be made to 360 Creative Innovation Hub Ltd 0087505004
To register, click here
For more inquiries, Call (234)703-789-8410